Tuesday 16 October 2007

Welcome Party and Malaysian food

I've just come upstairs from my hall's welcome party. It was held on a weekday which meant nobody would have gone down if not for the free beer.

Damm, the Europeans can drink. People were guzzling alcohol, getting drunk and showing off their stuff on the dance floor. I was smart enough to stick to one beer so I could stay sober, watch and laugh as my friends started pulling all sorts of crazy moves.

Last Saturday, one of my friends had her birthday, so we went out to dinner. The group wanted to eat Malaysian food (wasn't my idea,honest) and as the only Malaysian there(there were 2 Singaporeans there though) I was the only 1 not expecting anything much other than bad, expensive imitations.

When we got to the restraunt,and I saw the menu (6 pounds for fried rice,3 pounds for ice kacang and so on) I got scared out of my wits.The food was not special but it was okay.

Oh, and Royal Albert Hall,which is right next to Imperial campus, is where Imperial students graduate. How cool is that! More incentive to do well.

No comments: