Wednesday 17 October 2007

Auditions

Today, Malaysian society(Msoc) had auditions for its annual Malaysian night(MNight) event, Imperial Msoc's MNight is supposed to be the best in UK, or at least that's what the seniors told me. But as last year, the 700 tickets available were sold out in the first 3 hours, I have to believe them.

Mnight is basicly a play, with many songs, dances, performances(all the usual Malaysian staples, including a lion dance) woven into it.

The seniors who attended freshers camp had already gotten to know me, and so insisted I at least audition, as freshers have a few cast positions available.

I decided to at least make a stab at a main role, and found one I thought suited me.


JON
- Total joker with a loudmouth. Tends to speak rather quickly.
- Doesn’t think about what he’s saying.
- Exaggerates far too much.

Sound familiar, anyone?

I doubt I will get the role, as there is a friend of mine that is more Jon than me(unbelieveable, believe it),but I must say, it was fun to try the whole audition for a major screenplay, with the panel of judges, and rolling video camera and all.

10 comments:

-seokie- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-seokie- said...

any possibility of us chancing upon that audition tape, arrooonie? =)

Arun said...

Not in a million years

Boonizz said...

wowoow practising self censoring???
campaign for freedom on speech! lol

whats so offensive?

Arun said...

wasn't me that removed it. Someone must have realised my blog is still considered under Malaysian jurisdiction, where no freedom of speech

-seokie- said...

SORRY LA, that was me, but i accidentally put the comma ',' in between 'audition' and 'tape', so being the neurotic person i am...*trails off*

won't happen anymore! :D

rueyduey said...

hey arun! link you yeah?

3cinr3b said...

NO WAY!!! how can anyone be more 'jon' than you :/

so if you get the role, does it involve dancing and singing HAHAHA

-seokie- said...

dancing and singing?

*imagines arun in pair of nylon thights clicking his heels together while strumming a banjo*

Anonymous said...

cool, good luck in the audition. maybe we can see in on broadway one day, in The Colour Purple.